Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolution Time



New Year’s Resolutions.
Good ideas that are usually way too broad to keep.
I do so like to try though. My resolutions need to be smaller steps that I can and will do. More verbs. Not just flowery statements of lofty goals. Also, small time chunks because my attention span lasts about 3 weeks. I’m going to stretch them into a month (4 weeks) since it is an easier measurement of time. 

http://thedoghousediaries.com/
Resolutions I can keep from DOGHOUSE DIARIES


New Year’s Resolutions 2014 Edition

I’m going to once again fall back on the account and advice of Gretchen Rubin who wrote “The Happiness Project”.
http://gretchenrubin.com/She took a whole year and divided her resolutions into the twelve months. One resolution per month. Each month had several smaller/specific steps that she would follow to reach her overall resolution. It’s really a good book and an easy read.

I haven’t plotted a whole 12 months worth of resolution yet. I’m going to create this happiness project as I go.

For January I resolve to communicate and stay connected better.
I tend to crawl into my hidey-hole and ignore the world at times. This leads me to feelings of guilt for not calling people back, letting friendships slip away, missing birthday present opportunities and so forth.
I do like time to myself being the introverted person that I am. But I’m really not that introverted I need to go full on cave hermit.

The break down:
* Call people and respond to calls in a timely manner (also texts)
* Letter and cards are good ways to stay connected
* Reach out and call past friends I let drift away
*Start and cultivate outings and/or groups (book club, run/walk/exercise with people, plan outings more frequently)

Happy New Years from our New Year's crab and our Moon Pie stash

In Mobile, AL they throw Moon Pies during their parade
 


No comments:

Post a Comment