Sunday, January 26, 2014

Planning is a good thing

There is one prepping thing I can do rather well.
During the week I pick out my clothes and pack my lunch the night before.
I have been doing this for over a year and it is a life-saver.
I don't lose all the time I have in the morning trying to rush around getting food ready.
Lunch bag in the fridge, ready to go
 And I don't fall into the trap of 'I have nothing to wear' and waste time trying to find something while flinging clothes around. Completely avoiding making a messy pile of clothes in the process. So much win.
I hang up the next day's outfit or put it on the shelf
Do I always want to do this at night? No! There are some nights I rather just lay like a lump on the couch. But really, more often then not it is just an automatic thing.

Planning is awesome.

Now, if I could apply this mind set to the other areas of my life. Like dinner planning.  I did plan this week's dinners. I have done it before too. But it's more of an on and off again thing that I want to get better with. Saving us from the, 'What do you want', 'I don't know, what do you want' game. Which is not fun when you are hungry and just want to eat.


Prior proper planning prevents poor performance!!

1 comment: