Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Actually Ran

Cold weather = faster running

We have a freeze warning for today into tomorrow and it is getting down into the low thirties at night and into the morning. Brrr. Especially for here.
The South has ruined me for cold weather

So I donned my hat and gloves for today’s after work run (of course still wearing shorts and a t-shirt as runners do) and there was definitely a nice icy chill in the air.


It was a great run. No sluggish feeling. No giant aches or pains. Plus, I actually had negative splits. A wonder for me because I usually do that backwards and slow down near the end, having to drag myself the last half mile.

Mile 1: 9:36
Mile 2: 9:32
Mile 3: 9:28
Mile 4: 9:10

Nothing drastic, but definitely a good step for me.

I need to get a bit more serious with my runs. Long run Saturday is no problem, but making sure I get in two mid-week runs is like pulling teeth with me. I would like to have 4 runs total for a week, but I need to start with getting 3 in regularly

1 comment: