Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Workout Wednesday

So close, have to knock 3 min. off


I am working on my speed with running.

The goal and the hope is that I can pull off a sub 2 hour half marathon come January.

I've been sticking to my running schedule. It's actually making me work. Nothing that I can't handle, but nothing I would have done on my own.
Logging 10 miles, no problem. Logging a 8:20 pace half mile....not so much. It is good that is pushing me out of my comfort zone. It is the only way to grow.

The panting and the cursing that my neighbors may or may not hear 4 days a week is my gift.

They probably think I am crazy because I do these warm up drills that include different forms of skipping, tip-toeing and hoping around repeatedly like a crazy person.

A big thanks to my brother for the GPS watch he gave me this Christmas. It is coming in very handy for this endeavor.
Always looking at my watch now to check my pace. I am one of those runners now

Here's this week's running schedule so you can see what I am babbling about:
Sunday
7/7:
Workout Type: Rest
Assigned Workout:No Running. Active Recovery Optional (Hike, Bike, Walk, Stretch, etc.)

Monday
7/8:

Workout Type: Track
Assigned Workout:
  1. Warm up: Jog 0.5 mi very easy; light stretch; 7 Drills + 3 Strides (100 meters or 25 seconds)
  2. Workout:
    1. 1 set:
      • Run 0.75mi in 7:22 ( 9:52/mi )
      • Jog for 1:00
    2. 1 set:
      • Run 0.5mi in 4:43 ( 9:29/mi )
      • Jog for 2:00
    3. 1 set:
      • Run 0.75mi in 7:22 ( 9:52/mi )
      • Jog for 1:00
  3. Cool down: Jog 0.5 mi very easy; Good Stretch

Tuesday
7/9:

Workout Type: Cross Training
Assigned Workout:Aerobic Cross Training such as Cycling, Elliptical, Pool Running or equivalent activity for 25 - 30 minutes and/or Core Strength workout


Wednesday
7/10


Workout Type: Maintenance
Assigned Workout:Run 20 - 25 mins @ 10:36/mi
Assigned Miles: 2

Thursday
7/11:
Workout Type: Threshold
Assigned Workout:
  1. Warm up: Jog 0.5 mi very easy; light stretch; 7 Drills + 3 Strides (100 meters or 25 seconds)
  2. Workout:
    1. Run 2mi in 20:34 ( 10:17/mi )
    2. Jog for 5:00
    3. 10 sets:
      • Run 100m in 0:32 ( 8:29/mi )
      • Jog for 0:30
  3. Cool down: Jog 0.5 mi very easy; Good Stretch

Friday
7/12:

Workout Type: Cross Training
Assigned Workout:Aerobic Cross Training such as Cycling, Elliptical, Pool Running or equivalent activity for 25 - 30 minutes and/or Core Strength work

Saturday
7/13

Workout Type: Long Run
Assigned Workout:40 - 55 mins @ 10:36/mi





Fun times had by all. Thursday is the the fun one. Pretty much sprinting 10 times in a row wipes me out. I look pretty awesome the first two go arounds. The last two go arounds you'll be able to hear me fighting with myself to keep at it while I drag myself down the road.

I was going to take an award winning picture of my panting, sweaty self to help with visualization, but I did a cool down walk and was looking rather tolerable by the end so it wouldn't have had the same effect. You are saved this time, but next week...


PS.
Still working on that eat 2 fruits and/or veggies with every meal. Not really great at it. I have to put a little more effort into that. And not just give up on it because I'm out with friends or a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment